Tuesday, March 22, 2011

No lingerie body suits for me’ Vixen






SILVERBIRD TV presenter and producer, Yvonne Ekwere’s (Vixen) fashion statement on red carpet stands out. Aside being a presenter, she also designs fashion accessories. The TV Personality of the Year 2010 shares her beauty secrets with OYINDAMOLA LAWAL.

What’s fashion to you?

  It’s anything that is appealing and in vogue. It is something that has become a norm and is desirable.

Most favourable fashion piece

   It’s my straight jeans; I can’t do without it.

Favourite designers
  Lanre Da Silva, Zebra Living, Tiffany Amber, Vonne and Kiki Kamanu.

Most stylish icon
   I love Lanre Da Silva for her peculiar style. She is so vintage, she is someone I really look up to. Another is Kim Kardasian because of her sexy look; attimes, I like to throw little bit of sexiness in my look.
 
Fashion faux pas
  A lace front wig, because I believe I have a beautiful hairline. I’m an African; Africans are kinky and Afro centric. I may wear a wig, but I love showing off my real hairline.

What would you not be caught wearing?

   Body suit, lingerie type of body suits.

Most cherished items
  My wristwatches.
 
Most cherish possession

  My blackberry. It makes communication easier and keeps one busy.

Turn off
  Badly done lace front wig and People who feel they are too elite to talk to others

Beauty routine

  I drink a lot of water; it helps to cleanse the skin. I scrub a lot; I scrub four times a week. I also tone and moisturise with body lotion. I use baby wipes.

Favourite beauty products
  St Ives Apricot scrub and Neutrogena facial wash.

Items you can’t do without

  My phone, pair of shades because sometimes I don’t want to be notice and a bottle of water.

Most embarrassing moment (s)

  It was at FAB night, when the slit of the dress I wore on stage tore and was later mocked by Tea A with it.

Memorable
  When I was given Dynamic Award – TV Personality of the Year. And anchoring The Future Awards with Ebuka Obi-Uchendu. It was so much fun.

What would you like to change in Nigeria, if given the chance?

  Unstable electric power supply.

No comments:

Post a Comment