Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Unveil launched Makeup Institute TUI, Reveals the secret behind her beauty and fashion




When it comes to make-up industry, Bunmi Oyeniyi, the founding Director of UNVEIL STUDIO is no doubt one of the known names to be reckoned with. Over the years, she has made a mark for herself in enhancing the beauty of women with her signature makeup. The Estate Management graduate of Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife and is also trained and certified makeup artist from The London School of Make-up, London. Oyeniyi has successfully grown her business from a humble beginning into a world acclaimed international standard makeup studio.
 After making a huge impact in the make-up industry and training over 200 students, in 2006, she added sales of wedding rings as a backward integration of the make-up business and the following year she hosted her beauty pageant named “FACE OF UNVEIL”.
  More so in 2008, Oyeniyi launched her brush line called “THE UNVEIL PROFESSIONAL BRUSH”. The non-relenting amazon, push up the ladder in 2009, when she visualized “THE UNVEIL INSTITUTE”(TUI) to drive the imperative for a makeup artist to have multiple skills, meet the high demands of the industry and increase their earnings potential. Thus, TUI is conceived to provide the highest standard of education in all aspect of beauty and make up. She disclosed to OYINDAMOLA LAWAL the secret behind her ever glowing beauty, her unique fashion trends and her new project
About THE UNVEIL INSTITUTE (TUI)
   THE UNVEIL INSTITUTE (TUI) was born to provide the highest standard of education in all aspect of beauty and makeup. It has the value proposition of the international standard institute mainly in make-up artistry and we spiced it up with a little bit of Decoration, Craft, Hair and Nail techniques and Entrepreneur training. It is setup to train amateurs to master stylists to the best standard and help launch their career in the industry. Elocution and etiquette is also added to the curriculum to give students that distinct touch.
    I have trained over 200 students over time; most people outside Lagos would call me asking for accommodation, if they could stay with me for that short while during their program. Dealing with this for two years, we taught of what to do that would be different from what others are doing and that is how we came up with TUI. The school is located in Omole phrase 2, it is a whole building, and Ministry of Education have inspected the place. The concept behind it is instead of whiling away time at home, waiting for result and all that, it is like a University, you come and having a training and get a career out of it. We have borrowed courses, because everyone cannot be a make-up artist. So we chose decoration and other things within the beauty industry. Every student have to pick one borrowed course, it is a must.  More so, it is a total package, for instance, if you are for makeup, you get make-up box and brushes, if you are in for decoration you get all your equipment and materials needed for the training.  All work and no play makes Jill a dull girl, we have extracurricular activities like Talent hunt, Movie Nights, Pyjamas Nights, Weekend groove, Fitness class, Game hour……it’s going to be fun all the way.
Why A Live in School
  The live-in institute additionally caters for day students to create a flexible plan for those staying in Lagos.  We have four sections in one year, two months for one section and at the end of the year we will do graduation for them all. Though we said it is a live-in school that cater for day students but the guys will not be allowed to stay in the hostel, because if anything happen I am responsible for each and every one of them.”
Unveil Makeup
I think our make-up is fantastic and we have always put a smile on our clients’ faces.
How would you define fashion?
Fashion is comfort. Fashion is how you can combine your colour, how you can carry yourself; fashion is what work for you. Sometimes I go with the trend, but I always go with what suits me. For me fashion is what I make of it.
Your favourite piece of clothing
I love jacket, it makes look smart and snazzy
Favourite designer
 I wear Bebe, I like Bebe. For accessories I love Gucci, for clothing I like Karen Mellin
Signature scent
Raphl Lauren “Safari”,  Christian Dior, there is this new perfume is called Unveil, I saw it on the plane I think it is nice.
Most cherished possession
 It is my Jewellery, not my car.
What you won’t be caught dead wearing
Boot, well some people like it, but for me knee length boot when it is like death hot, it doesn’t follow.
Beauty routine
Funny enough I don’t have,  I just take my bath on daily basis, I do my cleansing like twice a week and I use my moisturizer because my skin is very sensitive, I don’t  facials, I only exfoliate.
Favourite beauty product
Mac
If you are giving a chance to change something in Nigeria what will it be?
  Good leader, we do have good leaders, but I think they should be left alone to be able to make an impact. They criticize them a lot, even before they get there, they are been criticized. I think if you have voted someone in, you should leave them to what they have come there to do.
Role model
Oprah, because she has touched a lot of people’s lives.
What have you learnt over the years?
I have learnt how to handle stress, because I never knew how to handle stress, how to work with different people of different background and most importantly how to use your hand to earn a living.
Most embarrassing moment
 I don’t have any embarrassing moment
 Most memorable
 When I had my son
How was growing up like?
 It has nice, it was challenging , it was a bit tough, maybe that is why I am who I am, I didn’t get everything at my disposal, I had to really work for whatever I got . I thank God because it has groomed me to a very better person.
Challenges
  Because they are called challenges, there is always a solution; with prayer, fasting and if you have good people around, you will always be able to deal with challenges.  For me, challenges in the make-up industry are time factor, the mediocre (people that  just have two to three day training in make-up and somebody will be comparing you with them) but your work will speak for you, with that i have been able to overcome.
Most expensive item
My bangle, wrist watches, jewellery, since my car is not an item.
Her vision and mission
 My vision is to nurture amateurs into master stylist and bring real world into the classroom; in addition to that, creating an enabling environment where every student is encouraged to develop a passion for a lifetime career in the world of beauty and makeup.  My desire is to help young women find their place in this fast paced excelling profession via a two pronged approach of theoretical learning and hands-on practical.


No comments:

Post a Comment