Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Two foreign based Nigerian entertainers, Ngo and Mo Eazy, return home


Two times Golden Gloves boxing champion, Nigerian-American, Ngoli Okafor, popularly known as Ngo has finally returned back to Nigeria.

The boxer cum actor and model who left the Nigerian shores 18 years ago, revealed at a media parley held at the Food of Sun hall, Eko Hotel & Suites on Monday December 5, 2011 that the decision to return home is fuelled by a desire to help develop boxing, modeling and acting in Nigeria.

Speaking at the media parley, Ngo who starred alongside Catherin Zeta Jones in the popular Hollywood movie, ‘Rebound’ expresses excitement on his return.

"I am very passionate about Nigeria because it's my home; it’s where I belong,” the ‘Rebound’ actor said. “I am returning back home after achieving so much to give back to my roots. I am Igbo by descent."
He further explained in details his mission.

“I want to develop the different industries that I am involved in, in Nigeria. I have conquered the world in boxing and I want to come and develop professional boxing in Nigeria. We want to get young under privileged kids off the street and give them professional training in boxing and nurture them for the Olympics; we want to make champions out of them.

“I am also looking to develop our movie and modeling industry. As it is now, the Nigerian movie industry is getting a lot of attention with its touching storylines. What we need to do now is just to improve on the quality and make it available to viewers all over the world,” he explained.

The model, who has graced the cover of ‘A’ list American magazines including Vogue, Vibe, Men’s Health and The Wall Street Journal Magazine, also confirm that he is looking to feature in a Nigerian movie.
“I am already in talks with some movie producers and if I get an interesting storyline with good production plans, I will be willing to act in it,” he confirmed.

In a related news, Black Entertainment, Fashion, Film, Television, Arts Award (BEFFTA) winning British-Nigerian rapper Mo Eazy is also returning back to the country. Mo Eazy, real name Moses Agboola, is a UK based rapper and music producer with his credit list including works with Craig David, Nate James and Nigerian acts, Darey and 2Face Idibia.

Speaking through a press statement signed by his publicist, Adekunle Ayeni, Mo Eazy discloses that his return is to further help grow the already burgeoning Nigerian music scene.

“I’m back. Back home to where I belong. Back here to stay,” the 2010 Black Entertainment, Fashion, Film, Television, Arts Award winner said in the statement.
     stories by Channels

No comments:

Post a Comment