Thursday, March 12, 2009

Kate Moss Goes curvy


The model who pioneered "heroin chic" and has always been a mere sliver of a person made headlines last month when she posed for New York magazine and showed off a new curvier body. Immediately, she was forced to dispel rumors that she was pregnant.

"I'm a woman now," she told the magazine. "I've never worn a bra in my life. Ever! It's so awful, even my friends are phoning me up and saying 'are you pregnant?' And I'm like, 'no! I just put on a couple of pounds, and they went in the right place.' Isn't that weird?"

Weird as it may be, the timing is apparently good for Moss, 35, who is about to expand her successful clothing line TopShop to include lingerie and who coincidentally started wearing a bra herself.

The timing could also be good for an industry that's long been criticized for using stick-thin figures on the runways and in magazines.

No comments:

Post a Comment