Monday, January 30, 2012

The Kween… of dressinthesis








JEBELE crooner, Kween Chinyere Onokala, has not only proved her worth in the music scene, she has also charted her unique path in the fashion scene with her irresistible style. In her recent musical video, the songstress was seen wearing a new look, a departure from her usual trade mark Afro hairdo. The look did not only fit her, it is a revamp of her signature style.

Grab the Kween vibes
Be fab
  Looking fabulous is about having great style, letting a wonderful personality shine through, presenting yourself well, keeping fit and knowing how to flaunt your ‘natural’ assets to your advantage. It is not the same as being beautiful or well-dressed, because being fabulous requires a balanced and refined combination of all.
  See how you can achieve Kween’s style. 

Be African
  Kween says, “my dressing is African. I love African prints and I also jazz them up with some western pieces to create Afrocentric look.”

 Get your freedom
  The most important thing in fashion is your freedom and comfort. There is no point wearing something you are not comfortable in. A lot of ladies love pants, not because it is in trend, but because it is easy-to-wear and comfortable, too. Oh yeah, with pants, you have the freedom to be a little more stylish and less conservative. It tells a lot about your total look; be it casual or corporate, and gives you the opportunity to inject some more of your personal style. Do not forget your goal is to distinguish yourself in a way that makes you look both stylish and feminine.   “I love pants because they are very comfortable. It can be worn as casual, worn to work and more. I love performing in trousers, it gives freedom of movement,” says the beloved singer.

 Smell nice
  A good scent will definitely add that extra, but unique touch to your appearance. You do not want to be all dressed up, yet smelling funny or wearing an unwelcoming scent. If you want to get it pretty; go for Kween’s favourites, which are Anna SUI, Burberry, Bvlgary, Miracle, Idylle and My Insolence. “I love these perfumes because they smell great and the fragrance lingers on and on,” she says.

Bold and beauty
  Celebrities have a lot of beauty secrets. One of such is how to have a glowing complexion. For Kween, the trick is regular exfoliation, body scrubbing and moisturiser. Of course, some stars use expensive commercial products from different beauty houses… well, of course, some have loads of dough to burn. Kween reveals, “my favourite are Cleansers, Toners, Face wash, Mask, Body scrub and Moisturisers. I love them because they are what you need to keep your skin clean, glowing and healthy.”

 Make it up
  For makeups, Kween’s favourites are concealers, powder and kajal. She says, “they are a woman's must-have. The concealers help to conceal and brighten tired eyes, the powder covers well and kajal looks absolutely fab.”

 Timeless designers and designs
    Kween loves African prints. She patronises top designers including Deola Sagoe, Tess Needle Craft, Tifanny Amber and Lisa Folawiyo;  “I love them for using African fabrics to create timeless beautiful, classy, sexy pieces for women of all shapes and sizes. They have put African fashion on the international scene and a great export product for the country.”

 Accessorise all the way
 Kween loves Victoria Beckham because “she has great taste and style, which are what you get buying her products.”

 It just can’t be mini
  The ‘Jebele’ star can wear almost anything, but definitely not micro mini blouses.

Colour me bright
   The singer discloses, “colours for me depends on my mood and the occasion.  I prefer bright colours when I’m feeling good and happy.”

 Expensive or inexpensive
   Jewelries are often the most expensive fashion piece for most celebs, aside accessories, designer clothes and other embellishments. All these do not matter to Kween; she enthuses, “whatever fashion item I have is worth the time and effort it took me to find them, however, expensive or inexpensive.”

 Shopping spots
  She discloses, “Oxford Street, Bond Street, Nottin Hill, Bluewater and Camden Town in United Kingdom are places you will find all the beautiful things you need. Some unique pieces will always be spotted in the malls, boutiques or markets.”

Must-have
  This celeb cannot leave the house without her handbag.  To her, “it’s a house for my makeup and daily essentials.”

 Know your muse
  Kween’s fashion muse is Kate Moss.

Love the trendsetters
For most celebs, top five favourite fashion icons and trendsetters are Victoria Beckham, Kate Moss and Sarah Jessica Parker are regularly listed; and so for Kween, these are indeed her most stylish icons.

 Back in the days we rock it bad
  Kween considers fashion mistakes and don’ts as faux pas. Down memory lane, she says, “I committed several fashion blunders as a teenager. It makes me laugh when I look at old pictures and say ‘God what was I thinking’. Back then I used to think I was the best dressed from my ‘bend down boutique selections,’ but those pictures today make me laugh and laugh.”

Looking Sexy
   Kween knows she still looks hot despite her two kids, but she sings, “they say beauty is in the eye of the beholder and the answer to that question falls in the hands of those who think I’m sexy.”


No comments:

Post a Comment