Monday, January 30, 2012

Monalisa… It’s all about jewellery, oh yeah!





BY OYINDAMOLA LAWAL
AFTER Obtaining a Law degree, US-based Monalisa Okojie, gave it up to pursue her inner artistic craving, jewellery designing. Now, she is the brain behind NEHITA, a brand that does not only create exotic jewellery pieces for men and women using precious materials sourced from around the world; but has been catering for top Hollywood celebs, including Whitney Houston, Brandy, Natalie Cole, Megan Good, Alan Cumming, Melora Hardin, Lisa Raye, Michael Henderson, CCH Pounder, Omarosa, Brandy, Lil Kim and Eddie Murphy and lots more.
  Apart from her rich, classy and sophisticated pieces, Okojie’s fashion style has also been applauded on the red carpet as it exudes poise and elegance. The celeb has a way of looking effortlessly cool while being fashion-forward.
Here’s a bit of her secret

Elegance and sophistication
   Stylish people always get noticed, and you only have one chance to make a first impression; so don't ever save clothes for 'best'. Clothes are a really easy way to change your mood; so use them to your advantage and don't be afraid to experiment. For Okojie, “my style is elegant and sophistication.”

Accessories it is
   Jewellery is very essential. Okojie stresses that mastering the art of accessorizing can make the difference between a plain outfit and an outstanding one, while also allowing for the same outfit to be worn on different occasions. It is my favourite piece because it compliments my dressing and adds the perfect finishing touch to my outfit.”
 Speaking on her favourite accessory designer, she says, “Nehita, and that is obvious. I put in time and effort in designing each piece of accessory and they personify my creativity. My most cherished fashion piece is my Nehita pendant because it represents my work and my creativity.” Her most expensive fashion item is a piece of jewelry she designed for her anniversary. To her, “it’s priceless.”

Signature scents
 Okojie goes for Olive Christian, Gucci Rush, Channel No. 5 and Creed’s Love in white and black. She says, “I love these scents because the smell is unique, yet subtle and sweet.”

Skin glow
  There is more to looking fashionable and stylish. Why we love our favourite celebs is not only because they always look effortless but most importantly, their flawless skin. We sure do want to know the secret behind that and how to achieve it. Like Okojie, go for Clear Essence body oil. Okojie enthuses, “I use it because it makes my skin glow.”

Make me beautiful
  When it comes to make-up, Okojie says, “I am not attached to any brand but love eyelashes, eye shadows and very light colored lip glosses, cause they adds a spark of elegance to my look.”

It’s got to be Coco Chanel
  Undoubtedly, Coco Chanel is the chic-est ever. She believed women could be comfortable and elegant if they would only keep it simple. No wonder Okojie says “Coco Channel is my favourite designer because her style is timeless and classy.”

Rock it purple
  Colour purple is beautiful on men and women. Purple is royalty. Okojie says, “My favorite colour is purple because it is warm and cool and represents royalty.”

Okojie’s favourite shopping spot
Rodeo Drive Beverly Hills, 5th Avenue and New Bond Street in London. For choicest shopping countries, she loves USA, Dubai, Milan, Hong Kong, Paris and England… “because they offer exclusive items.”

Don’t leave the house without a piece of jewelry
  She discloses, “I can’t leave the house without a piece of jewelry because it perfects my dressing regardless of whether I am dressed casual or formal.


2 comments:

  1. Fashion jewellery in Dubai are stunning and highly popular across the globe. Fashion jewellery manufacturers in Dubai have designed wonderful and Trendy Jewellery for all occasions. Dubai jewellery is world-famous and shining hub of designer high end jewelery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. she is very sexy and elegant.
    She makes me proud to be a Nigerian>

    ReplyDelete