Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Mary J. Blige Launches New “My Life” Fragrance

 R&B queen Mary J. Blige has now joined the long list of Hollywood celebrities with fragrances, including Mariah Carey, Britney Spears, Beyonce, Halle Berry and Sarah Jessica Parker, as the "Just Fine" star has teamed with Carol's Daughter to release My Life - a scent paying tribute to the confident woman.
   Infused with floral, wood, and fruit fragrances, women will enjoy its light scent that lasts all day long. Blige says that “I’ve named the scent ‘My Life’ because it’s not what we are; it’s what we’ve shared . . . My life is my journey and I’ve always shared it through my music. I can’t wait to share my story with millions of women through HSN.”
Blige says, "It's a special tribute to us as women . . . we're soft, we're edgy - we're all those things. And I wanted this perfume to represent every female's everyday life."
  Named after her 1994 hit album My Life, Blige says the fragrance "is the epitome of a confident woman. It doesn't scream out for attention. It's feminine but strong, powerful yet humble. It is 'my life'."
Mary explained the significance of the My Life album to WWD by saying, “I was crying out for help, because I was going through so much and four million women said, ‘Mary, we’re going through it too, but you’re helping us by calling on us.’”

No comments:

Post a Comment