Thursday, May 20, 2010

Monalisa Chinda’s simple but elegant

MONALISA Chinda needs no introduction in the country’s entertainment scene. The light skinned star of Heaven’s Gate, a television soap opera, has, over the years, proven she is sure aiming for the sky. She tells OYINDAMOLA LAWAL what style is to her.
Growing up
It was beautiful. I got almost everything I wanted. My parents were always there for us, I wouldn’t say we were so rich but we had most of the things we wanted. We were well brought up and I really thank God for my parents.

Fashion
Fashion, to me, is simplicity. Simple but elegant. Simplicity, as in wearing clothes that are just you, not too busy outfit. Clothes that define who you are. You know, what you wear tells who you are; so, you just wear soft colours and you come out with styles.

Favourite piece of clothing
I like dresses and I love skirts so much.

Signature scent
I wear anything that is soft and nice. I wear designers but I don’t have a pick. I just wear good, nice smelling designer perfume. My life around that area is not too good, I must confess.

Best colours
I really don’t have my pick on best colours but I like soft floral
colours. I also like bright colours; I’m not really particular about blue, pink or yellow.

Favourite designer
Marc Jacob; I also patronise local designers. Sometimes I go for Zizi Cardow’s outfit. Tiffany Amber, too.

Likes, dislikes and role models
I don’t like dishonest people. I don’t like pretenders and I don’t like anything that speaks negativity. I like positive people. People who can be trusted and people who don’t pretend. For role models, my list has not changed. First on the list is Joke Silva. There is also Auntie Taiwo Ajai-Lycet and then Liz Benson.

What you won’t be caught dead wearing
It will be rags or something that would make me go half nude. You know what I mean by rags! There are some designer rags that have some tiers and razor cut skirts and blouse, I can’t wear such clothes.

Up coming actors
A lot of people have reasons why they want to act. But they should come in for the right reasons. You will tire out once you are in it, for the wrong reasons. They should be sure that this is what they want to do. They should seek guidance from God and even from people around. You will be surprised that you have a talent for producing and not necessarily acting. So, they must first be sure of what they want to do and if it is not working for them, they should try something else. Those who are fit must get trained. They should be focused and believe in themselves.

Social life
Very boring, extremely boring; nothing to talk about. I spend my social life mostly at home, I go out once in a while to the Cinema.

Inspiration
First of all, it comes from God; second of all from my natural given talent.
Skills
We need to do more of convincing, action movies, you know like the stunt thing that Hollywood does. We haven’t started it yet; here, it’s just like a child’s play.

Embarrassing moment
When I walked into a salon and they were showing one of my movies, I just ran out of that place, especially when I saw that they were showing the romantic flick. I just took off from that place because I was just shy and embarrassed.

No comments:

Post a Comment