Thursday, May 27, 2010

Tom Cruise Gives Suri Fashion Freedom

Tom Cruise gives his four-year-old daughter Suri permission to wear what she wants because he wants her to be creative.

Tom Cruise lets his daughter be creative with her fashion choices.

The 47-year-old actor doesn't mind if four-year-old Suri - his daughter with wife Katie Holmes - wears high heels or expensive dresses because he wants her to be able to express herself with her clothes.

Tom - who won the Screen Icon Award at the National Movie Awards in London last night (26.05.10) - told BANG Showbiz: "I think it's important for children to be able to put on what they want to put on.

"She always just... she wears what she wants to wear and we allow her that creativity. She's just very special. An extraordinary little girl."

Despite her expensive tastes, Tom insists Suri doesn't have a style budget.

He joked: "Suri doesn't have a job yet so she doesn't spend anything on clothes."

Tom also revealed his wife Katie is his favourite film star, but he has enjoyed working with Cameron Diaz on new action comedy 'Knight and Day'.

He said: "My favourite leading lady is Kate. But I like working with great actresses. I haven't worked with Cameron since 'Vanilla Sky', she's a great friend."

Tom recently admitted he takes career advice from Suri - because he thinks she makes him a better actor.

He said: "I'll put Suri on a swing and tell her stories when I'm working on a script.

"I'll start with the beginning of the movie and take her through the story beat by beat. Of course, I make it age appropriate. She's four years old. But she asks all the right questions, 'Why does that happen?' 'Those are the bad guys?' 'You're the good guy, right?'

"It comes down to the same thing as when I was a kid. Can I create a character that will make her happy, that will make her laugh? And you know what? She makes me get better and better, because she's always asking me to do it again."
 courtesy - www.contactmusic.com

No comments:

Post a Comment