Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Masculine, alluring … Out is da bomb






OTU-EKONG Ukpanah is easy-going, with a good sense of humour and irresistibly biceps. His good masculine looks, described as ultra-sexy, list him among 100 African celebrities with ‘hot body’ in 2006 by Kenyan Tourism Journal and ranked 37th in Africa. He is one of Nigeria’s stylish celebs.
   Honoured as Nigeria's Most Outstanding Male Model of the Year 2011 by the Nigerian Models Achievers Awards and Mode Men Magazine’s Nigerian Model of the Year 2008, he was nominated for Mode Men Magazine Model of the Year Award 2009; Nigerian Future Awards Model of the Year 2006; Face of Nobel Afrik 2005 to 2006, Face of Mon Ami Couture 2003 to 2004, Face of Kesse Jabari 2000 to 2002 and Face of Hugo Boss West Africa 2000.
   His talent and strikingly good looks have taken him from runway to billboards, photography and cover pages of magazines.

Quick tips on Otu’s Style

Less is more
  Fashion for guys follow the principles of 80 per cent vital and 20 per cent trivial items, though it’s a large part from being well-dressed and comes from knowing your fundamentals and being moderate.
  Just like Otu, eliminate any excessive and useless fashion extras in your outfit. You can mix and match your pieces effortlessly.
   “I am a simple dresser; I believe in simplicity. My style is jeans, T-shirts or shirts and occasionally, natives. I wear clothes for a living; so, whatever I put on, I believe I should be excused for it,” he says.

Boxers rock
 Boxers are actually men’s must-have undergarments. For Otu, it is beyond an undergarment, but his favourite piece of clothing. He explains, “I sweat a lot on my backside and have to wear something down there. Moreover, it helps to ‘contain your asset,’ I believe you know what I mean.”

Smell nice
  When it comes to scent, Otu loves Black by Kenneth Cole. “I like its strong fragrance and masculine feel. Whenever I wear it, I have this feeling of pure masculinity,” he enthuses.

Diesel ‘n’ Guess it
 We all have our favourites. When it comes to designers, Diesel and Guess does the magic for Otu. The award-winning model discloses, “I guess some of their designs are rugged. Majority of my clothes are Diesel: Jeans, belts, shoes, slippers, T-shirts and sunglasses. Apart from that, every other thing goes, as far as it fits me. I don't really follow trends”. For accessory, Otu loves Guess. He adds, “I have three of their wrist watches.”

His fashion must-do
  “I said earlier that I couldn’t be caught not wearing boxers. Others are slippers or shoes. I feel irritated each time I see people walk bear-footed. I can't just stand it,” he states.
 
Embrace it
  One of Otu’s most cherished fashion items is gold bracelet that his twin brother sent to him from Italy. “I value all my stuff. There's this saying that, ‘you never know what you have until you lose it.’ For me not to loose any of my stuff, I cherish what I have,” he says.

Have less worries, rock it great
  He shares his red carpet secrets, “I am a very easy-going person. As far as the colours fit, I'm good to go. I don't spend sleepless nights thinking or coordinating what to wear on a red carpet. I have so many things to worry about.”

Cool it ice
   Otu’s favourite body product is Cool Ice Sure spray deodorant. He explains, “I like it because it doesn't draw sweat line on your fabric, even if that fabric is black and no matter how much you sweat.”

Be cool with colours
  Otu is, indeed, a simple dresser; he doesn’t like bright colours, but some of his favourites are blue, black and brown.

Fashion faux pas
  “Denrele's mode of dressing is a typical example. That kind of dressing is just too loud for me,” he says.

No comments:

Post a Comment